Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nintendo Mario Paintings

I just finished the Princess Peach (purple) and Venus Fire Trap (orange) paintings, so here it all is. I have step by step instructions for the Mario painting here. Close up of the Latiku painting here. All of the artwork is based off the amazing Grand Star by Lawrence Yang. Splattering paint to create stars was my favorite part of the project. The art has been a perfect fit for our basement where Hubby spends most of his time playing video games.

 I was a little bummed that the fireballs don't stand out on the orange canvas, but I also like that you would see more details the more you looked at the picture. I may end up adding more characters as time goes on so there's more to find.
 I love this cute version of Bullet Bill.

1 comment:

  1. This series is really great. How did you get the texture on the rock and the ship?

    ReplyDelete